CLICK HERE FOR BLOGGER TEMPLATES AND MYSPACE LAYOUTS »

Friday, December 19, 2008

Giving Credit Where Credit Is Due

Not too long after I got my Harley on Christmas Eve 2005, I came across www.hdforums.com. Just like any kid at Christmas I wanted to learn about how my new toy worked, but didn't want to screw up anything with a price tag this big. The guys on this forum have helped me immensely over the last 3 years. I learned so much about how my bike worked before I ever turned a wrench. Since getting the bike, I have performed 90% of my own mods. This is coming from a person who has minimal background working on cars. Before buying my Harley I owned a Honda 750 for two years. The biggest mod I did on that was switching out the exhaust. The knowledge I have gained from HDforums gave me the confidence to do things myself. It also helped me decide which mods may be out of my reach.
Since that fateful Christmas Eve in 2005, I can honestly say I have increased my knowledge about these bikes 1000%. Being an active participant on the forum has also paid dividends. I have saved a lot of money by not having to buy parts twice or by not buying things that don't work because I have read others reviews.
All the guys and gals on the forums are more than willing to lend a helping hand with whatever questions I've had, no matter how ludicrous it may be. My wife can attest to the fact that I enjoy my time reading the forums, and I try to pass on as much knowledge as I can. Not only is the forum good for information, if you like bikes (and I do) then you can see pictures of all kinds of Harleys.
So anyway, I just wanted to say thanks to the folks over on HDforums.com and let any of the visitors to my blog know of a great site that is full of information and helpful people. No matter if you have a Sporty, Dyna, Softail, or Bagger if you have questions, someone over there has the answer.

P.S. - if you come visit at the forum, my username is WARG.

MERRY CHRISTMAS

6 comments:

Webster World said...

This is a very interesting site. I'll have to look deeper into it. But now it's off to the Wood family Christmas. So for now may you have a Very Merry Christmas.

fasthair said...

RTR: I’ve never really spent anytime at that forum but it’s clear that you have got a lot of helpful information from it. I don’t know if you have one yet but if you don’t buy the service manual for your bike from Harley Davidson. They are cheap and with it you will have all the information you need to work on your bike.

As a matter of fact since I know your lovely wife reads your blog this would make a great Christmas present Besty. Just think of all the time you could keep him in the garage and out of your hair!?!?

Wishing you and your family a very Merry Christmas!

fasthair

TRT said...

Thanks for the plug fasthair, but I bought the service manual when it was time for my first oil change. I use it regularly.

Mr. Motorcycle said...

Good advise! Thanks!

Willy D said...

Yes, there is lots of good info on hdforums. Read it a lot. But always get a 2nd and 3rd opinion. "Measure twice cut once".

Anonymous said...

The hdforums.com rocks. Happy Holidays to you and your family,

KumaRide