CLICK HERE FOR BLOGGER TEMPLATES AND MYSPACE LAYOUTS »

Saturday, November 15, 2008

It's My Favorite Time Of Year!!!





Christmas time...that is. I love Christmas. We do it up big in our house. I actually look forward to decorating for Christmas. Yep, hanging lights and all. I'll post pics of my yard decorations when I get'em out. You guys will get a kick out of them. Anyway, even though this is a bit premature, I am already getting excited about the Big Texas Toy Run. It is one of the only events that my wife actually rides with me because the speed limit is within her 40 mph threshold. It's also a great excuse to ride with friends, see a ton of bikes and help a good cause. This toy run is (supposedly) the bigest in the country. There are three meeting areas, downtown Fort Worth, downtown Dallas, and downtown Grapevine, TX. There were approximately 80,000 bikes present at the last one we attended. They usually raise over $100,000.00 in cash and over $1 million worth of toys. Here are some pics of us and our friends and family at the 2006 Big Texas Toy Run. Couldn't go last year because of work, so I am doubly pumped this year.

The view from downtown Fort Worth, TX.


This is the worst part, altough the engine heat does keep you warm.



Me and my two babies.



Mike and his 1999 Honda ACE.



Jeremy and Brittany on the 2005 Road King.


8 comments:

Webster World said...

Well I'll bet your yard and house will look great for Christmas. I've basiclly rode HD's all my life. A few limies in the early 70's But I must say Mike's Ace looks really good.

Allen Madding said...

I have to admit that Mike's Ace is a good looking piece. Honda's done a really good job of duplicating the look :)

B.B. said...

I was going to comment on Mike's Ace as well, nice looking bike.
The Toy Run sounds like a great ride.

Betsy said...

I have always liked Mike's Ace too. By the way, we did go over 40 on the way out there. I am a daredevil.

Lady R (Di) said...

Great post! We have two rides planned in December for children and toys here in the Montgomery area. I think we will try to make both of them. I like the toy runs. Christmas has always been my favorite time of year too!

I have to chime in on the beautiful Ace as well. Sweet!

Anonymous said...

Nice to know the old Honda can still turn some heads.

TRT said...

Yeah, it's a great looking bike. He has put a lot of work into it. I finally got him to go on a trip out of state a few months ago. Time to start planning the next one.

Anonymous said...

lovely, i just made tons of fresh emo backgrounds 4 my blog
http://www.emo-backgrounds.info